Who We AreDedicated to promoting widespread use of renewable energy resources The High Sierra Energy Foundation is committed to working with all stake-holders and local government to:
- Demonstrate economic and environmental benefits of energy efficiency and renewable resources through public workshops, the media, and school programs
- Publish and promote non-technical construction guidelines to prevent heat loss, capitalize on a sunny climate for heating and lighting, and use energy-efficient appliances and innovative technology
- Encourage and demonstrate energy efficiency by design
- Develop a regional energy strategy promoting energy efficiency and increasing proportion of energy from renewable resources
- Encourage incentives for reduction in energy use and increased use of renewable resources
- Facilitate and showcase renewable energy demonstration project
- Work with public agencies to plan and implement a major geothermal heating district.